Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hi all, 

I have been trying to get email scanning on the printer working since lockdown began back in March 2020 and have still have this same issue where I get this error message when I insert an email to scan to. 

This is on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 and I use a Mac, OS 10.10 Yosemite and I've tried setting up the email to scan via the HP website and I got an error message on that aswell saying that the details were not correct even though I've looked up smtp server details and everything I could to ensure the details I entered were correct!

I've tried resetting all settings on the printer itself, unplugging it completely, removing it and adding it back onto the Mac, but nothing has worked and I'm completely out of ideas!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

A such would likely occur due to any incorrect configuration or any internet connectivity issue.

What email service do you use for your printer? (e.g. **bleep**, Yahoo, etc.)

What exact server information is set for your printer?

Please include any value as the SMTP Server, its Port, is it checked for TLS/SSL or not, e.t.c

Also, from within the EWS page open the Network tab and select your active network connection (Ethernet / Wireless)

Within the IPv4 settings, try setting a manual DNS (Using Google Public DNS Services, this can be helpful to avoid many connectivity issues with a such.

Set the Primary DNS as 8.8.8.8

The Secondary as 8.8.4.4

Apply the changes and then try performing a test for the Email profile again.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thank you for replying, how do I check that the smtp server details and port details that I'm entering are correct?! In terms of printer issues this is definitely uncharted territory for me so anything would need an explaination as to what page I have to visit or what settings I need to change etc.

I am currently using **bleep** and I get the error message after it says connecting for about 5 minutes and we have no idea why it would just suddenly stop working, hence why I am skeptical about changing any DNS details etc. I did look into that however and the DNS primary and secondary settings that you recommended were already set up on this mac for ipv4. But yes I've got access to the EWS settings webpage for my printer so any specifics of what I need to change things to and how I get these details would be much appreciated.

Jamie 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.