Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2622
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printing still works. Scan, which used to work, now produces error:

We're sorry, something went wrong
We apologize for the inconvenience! Please exit setup and try again later to resolve this issue. If you continue to have issues setting up, contact HP Support.
(Error Code: UA_400_EB000U0100)

Uninstalled printer drivers and reinstalled.  Same error.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@cbMA

Welcome to the HP support community.

Did you make a copy and check if that works fine?

Meanwhile:- 

Check the scanner bar functionality: partially lift the scanner lid, and then press the Copy button or icon. If the scanner light does not illuminate or move across the glass.

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Copy and print both work. Scan to computer fails at the connection to HP Cloud Services. Fail is both with Windows10 O/S and iPhone IOS.

HP Recommended

Same problem as reported months ago, another user has same issue.

Copy and print both work. Scan to computer fails at the connection to HP Cloud Services. Fail is both with Windows10 O/S and iPhone IOS.  Error message on attempt to scan is:

We're sorry, something went wrong
We apologize for the inconvenience! Please exit setup and try again later to resolve this issue. If you continue to have issues setting up, contact HP Support.
(Error Code: UA_400_EB000U0100)

HP Recommended

@cbMA

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I said in my original note on 12/29/2020 i already "Uninstalled printer drivers and reinstalled.  Same error." so I've tried your possible solution months ago.

Note that another user with info in this thread is experiencing the exact same problem on BOTH Win10 AND on iPhone. iOS.  The problem is on the server side.  So that's 3 devices with the same problem.

HP Recommended

I was able to repair the error codes and can print and scan from computer and IOS. I had two problems as I see it. First there was a problem with my HP account as they went to web services. My email would never work as the login. So I created a login that did not include the "@" symbol and now HP Smart is accessible. I thought that was strange so I logged in to buy ink with the e-mail address and it was like a hot knife through butter and they processed my credit card quickly. Hence that issue was unique to the printer app. But then I still had scanning issues. So I deleted all references to that HP printer on my Computer. I even removed the printer Model from the registry (probably over kill). Then I reloaded the printer through the HP SMART app and all works just fine. I use the user login without the "@" and have HP Smart on my IOS phone. So it is possible to fix but not obvious.

HP Recommended

HP SmartScan attempt to fax still errors. HPSupport on two occasions said to download and reinstall HP printer sw, which I tried, doesn't address the actual problem.

SSlykhous is correct -- it's an authentication error on the HP server side. I am able to login to hp.com/HP Customer Support with ID/PW no problem, however ... click on InstantInk produces this error.
"Something unexpected happened
Sign out of this account and try again later."
There is no error number.
I still receive the emails and monthly charges for InstantInk, and don't want to fool with that.

So I've decided to use a different non-HP scanner app. Scanner is correctly detected. I downloaded a free Scan-to-PDF app.

I am not marking this problem as solved. Why does HP.com take my ID/PW when transfer to IInstantInk fails?

HP Recommended

@cbMA

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.