Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I can successfully scan an 11x17 document using HP Smart but document is saved as 8.5x11 size.  How do I save as 11x17 size?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Martin,

We tried to scan on the 7740 printer and selected the "Entire Scan area" and was able to scan and save the 11x17" document.

Here's the settings used (note Scan Area)

greenturtle_1-1725243998822.png

HP Smart version:

greenturtle_0-1725243908207.png

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you download and install the HP FULL Solution Software for your operating system:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/swdetails/hp-officejet-pro-7740-wide-format-all-in-one-printer-...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

These resouces will be useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUt0l2twReM

For more resources on the printer:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUV0sXfF6zPjvGX7KpDjFfzRDv7_TDPG2

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Thanks for prompt response.  I followed your instruction and downloade the HP Full Solution and tried to install.  It went through all the steps except at end a white blank screen appears. which I suspect is a final step to complete the installation with some sort of acceptance which I unfortunately cannot see.  When I go to close this screen a message appears which says if I wish to complete the installation at a later date to copy a link that is given.  I copied the link and closed the page.  I then opened the link and it took me again through the installation process ending again with the white page.  Please advise how I get around this problem or how I can display the hidden text on the blank page.

Thanks, Martin

HP Recommended

Hi @MartinVS 

Can try to update the Microsoft WIndows with the latest WIndows Updates?

After updating WIndows, uninstall the Software and reinstall again.

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Thanks for response.  The only app installed is "HP officeJet Pro 7740 series Basic Devices Software".  Is this the one I need to uninstall?

Regards, Martin

HP Recommended

Hi @MartinVS ,

Yes, uninstall that and reinstall the software.

Here's the download link for the software again:

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/swdetails/hp-officejet-pro-7740-wide-format-all-in-one-printer-...

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for advice.  It is very appreciated.  Unfortuantely it did not work.  I uninstalled, rebooted and the attempted the installation but again got the white screen.  I then checked the apps installed and found that for some reason the uninstalled app was reinstalled.  Also note that the following HP apps are also installed :

HP Smart

HP Easy Start

HP Scan & Capture

Do I need to uninstall any of these as well?

Regards, Martin

HP Recommended

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your patience.

Are you able to install the software with another Windows PC? Seems that the there are installation issues with the current computer.

Also, are you able to copy a 11x17 document using the Copy function from the Control panel?

(trying to validate that the scanner is working)

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your patience in trying to solve this problem.  It is apprciated.

First the good news is that I am able to copy 11x17 off printer control panel and and it saved as 11x17.  So at least I have a work around.

With respect to installing software on another computer.  I tried to do on my Surface Pro laptop but unfortunately I can still only get to white screen just like with my desktop.  Same installation issue.  FYI I am running Windows 11 on both machines.  Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards, Martin

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried using HP Smart app?  This can be downloaded from Microsoft Store.

greenturtle_0-1723688165015.pnggreenturtle_1-1723688224227.png

Hope that helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.