Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently have a HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z printer which works fine in printing, but does not scan at all. There is an error in trying to scan. I have reinstalled the complete driver package 3 times and have installed and ran the HP print and scan doctor with no success. Here is the error screen with the error code I am getting. Please help!!

error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the fix!!!

Spoiler

Piggybacking off of what the closest answer was so far, I opened task manager and went to the services tab, search for "stisvc" and then right click on that and click "Go to details" and in the middle of the list of "svchost.exe" items, one will be highlighted, don't change selection, just click "End task" in the bottom right, and try run your scan shortcut again and see if it works.

Not only got me past the step on the print and scan doctor but fixed my "Communication with scanner failed" errors.
Good luck

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here is the fix!!!

Spoiler

Piggybacking off of what the closest answer was so far, I opened task manager and went to the services tab, search for "stisvc" and then right click on that and click "Go to details" and in the middle of the list of "svchost.exe" items, one will be highlighted, don't change selection, just click "End task" in the bottom right, and try run your scan shortcut again and see if it works.

Not only got me past the step on the print and scan doctor but fixed my "Communication with scanner failed" errors.
Good luck

HP Recommended

I have think I have solved the problem.    Somebody said before that he dropped the printer by accident and it started to scan and copy.  So I banged it and it worked.   But that quit working.

My HP service tech service showed me how to power cycle the printer and restart the computer it worked, but that did not always work.

2 days ago I received a message on my printer screen.  It said there was a carriage jam.   So I carefully moved the carriage over to the left and back and it is still working.  We will see how long this works.  

HINT:   The scanner in the printer will not work.  HP installed HP Smart for me.  It does more than just scan and it works fine for scanning on the HP 4630 Officejet printer.  The copy works by doing it straight from the printer.

I will see how long this works.

Hope it works for you.

Bonnie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.