Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Thanks to community, I kept reading comments until I found the solution !
I'm glad that the solution is really simple :
Auto Enhancement button actually is not a button indeed it's a sub-menu, and all you need is to disable "auto orientation" feature, and done 🙂

HP Recommended

Eaglesfan52 already mentioned this possible solution on 28 Dec, and as I said, it was one I tried too,.  It's clearly working for some, though, so that's something, but not for Eaglesfan52 or me.  Keep 'em coming, folks!

HP Recommended

Thank you for that solution.  I just replaced my HP Officejet Pro 6978 with a new one because after 3 years it became very temperamental.  I realized that I have to now use HP Smart, and after scanning my first item I noticed there was a problem with rotation and saving.  You solved it for me!  I don't think I am going to like HP Smart. 

HP Recommended

The Auto-Enhancements solution did not work for me. Contrarily, after I tried it with detect edges on, and the image initially looked ok, after I adjusted the edges and hit Apply, it flipped the image upside down and once again wouldn't allow me to fix it.

I can't believe this hasn't been solved by HP yet.

HP Recommended

HP should be ashamed. They have a development issue with the HP Smart software. They know they do, admitted it to me. On the phone for hours, transferred repeatedly, their CS sucks. No resolution to the customer.  Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help. Turning off the orientation button is not consistent. I was on the phone with HP hardware today. Replacing a printer will not help. Supervisor Nate told me to use Printer Assistant, more reliable. It does not have same editing capabilities, or ease of use. Nate sent me to HP Smart Friend., "they are the software group that can help you." Told me to tell them not to charge me, read my case number and notes. Friend sent me to warranty  (for an order number?) who wanted to charge me. Sent back to  Friend who would not help me unless I paid. "No supervisor was available. " ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.  Their product is crap. My tech guy helped me write a note to the developers over a month ago about this, laying out the problem. No response.  I need the editing capabilities for the research that I do. I now have a printer that is useless to me. 

HP Recommended

The sad part is the previous version of HP Smart worked fine. Why can't HP at least offer a return to the former software?

HP Recommended

This not the first time an HP Upgrade has installed a bug and removed a feature.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue.  Unfortunately, the auto-enhancement was already turned off, so that solution didn't work for me.

HP Recommended

Edit changes aren't saved and it reloads to the original A4 Doc without any of the changes I made.

Solution please Mr HP

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue with HP Smart and my Envy 6055. I can make edits on the first page just fine, but if I scan any additional pages onto the same document my changes don't save at all. Especially frustrating because I have to scan in pages from my lab notebooks often, so half the pages have to be scanned in upside down and now I have no way to turn them right side up. Auto-enhancements were already turned off for me so no go on that solution!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.