Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

HP Smart App crashing when trying to scan using the document feeder on MAC.  The HP Smart App has no problems scanning on glass.  The printer is working fine as I am able to scan usinusing the document feeder with native MAC Image Capture.  I can see the HP Smart App scanning okay but then when it tries to show the images it crashes.

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

HP smart application was working fine until it (auto) updated on Feb 8 2022.  Now HP Smart application crashes and quits at the end of every scan from the document feeder on Mac (Monterey).  Problem didnt occur before the update, doesnt occur on scan from glass and occurs with two different HP printers.  Does HP not crash test basic functions before releasing updates?

HP Recommended

Same thing is happening for me.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. Only started happening after the Monterey update and only happens during the scan process while using the document feeder. I can scan with the glass, however. 

I have even recently updated to the 12.3.1 Beta version software and the problem still occurs. 

HP Recommended

Sorry that you are seeing the same issue but it is good to hear that I'm not alone.  Maybe this will get HP Support's Attention?  In the interim I have had to abandon the HP Smart App for scanning and I'm having to use the MAC Native "Image Capture" and this works fine 100% of the time.

[HP SUPPORT - can we get some attention to this issue please]

HP Recommended

Same thing happening here. VERY frustrating. Scanner is unusable now.

HP Recommended

I would suggest using PDFScanner until they fix the app. 

HP Recommended

I'm actually using the MAC Native App "Image Capture" with great success.  Thank you for your recommendation as well.

HP Recommended

My printer is not showing up when i open image capture? any ideas?

HP Recommended

Make sure your printer is connected to the same WIFI you computer is on.  Try power cycling your printer.  If all else fails, re-add your printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.