Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Same here. The glass scanning works fine but the app crashes everything I tried to use the document feeder. 

I specifically purchased this model for the document feeder. Why on earth did I bother to trust HP? 

HP Recommended

This is a problem not unique to my computer and printer.  It appears that if you have an HP Office Pro 9019, running MAC OS 12.2.91 Monterey and try to scan using the document feeder with the HP Smart App ... the application will crash.  This was reported now almost 4 weeks ago and still no response back from HP.  Very dissapointing.

HP Recommended

The same thing is happening to me. I've spent all afternoon trying to fix the problem and found this thread. I bought the printer for the document feeder for scanning and now I can't use it.

HP Recommended

You can use the document feeder.  The only think you can't do us use HP Smart App for scanning.  Until HP fixes the problem, try using Image Capture (built-in free App on your MAC).

HP Recommended

Thank you, I tried that earlier and it did work, which was a relief . . .

HP Recommended

I'm glad you have a work around.  What is sad is no response from HP on HP Smart App.  It has become very apparent that they do not monitor this HP Community Chatroom.  We have yet to see any response from them at all.

HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue. Thankfully using image capture as described in the other comments has been a temporary workaround. I agree it's odd that there have been crickets from HP on this. Perhaps there needs to be a closer connection between comments here and the developers who press the button "Push Update?" 😄

HP Recommended

I'm sure HP is blaming their response on something to do with the supply chain.  Everyone else is so why don't their support jump on that band wagon.

HP Recommended

Or should I have said their lack of response.

HP Recommended

Well for what it is worth, the HP Smart App is no longer crashing when I scan duplex.  Obviously something got updated.  I'm able to scan using the document feeder and scan duplex and it now works as it always has.  If yours is still crashing I would make sure you don't have any O/S or Application Updates.  I'm running macOS Monterey Version 12.2.1 on a Mac mini (M1,2020).  And I have an HP Officejet Pro 8720.  Yeah!  it is finally fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.