Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

How to double-sided documents using the HP Smart App using hp5230 printer 

iMAC09

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I assume you are referring to double sided scanning and not double sided printing.

Firstly, you printer does not support Auto duplex ( double sided ) Scan feature. You may have to accomplish it manually.

Below is the URL to document that should help in scanning double sided - manually using HP Smart App.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2275901-2074064-16 

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Jabzi, thank you for your reply to my question, therefore, why not have the necessary "Duplex" within the HP Smart App, would make things a better for people like me who does a wee bit of scanning double-sided documents, to cut on the amount of paper records needed to keep, when everything can be stored on my laptop or external hard drive... IMac09.... thank you for your assistance.    

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Multiple documents scanning can be achieved only when the printer supports top feeder ( also known as Automatic Document Feeder-ADF ).  Your printer supports ADF. 

Not all the printers with ADF supports Auto-duplex scanning. Your printer does not support Auto-Duplex scanning. 

However you can achieve duplex scanning which is manual feeding of documents after one face of document is scanned.

HP SMART APP is a application using which you can scan. HP Smart app depends on the printer capability. Since your printer does not support Auto-Duplex scanning, hence such option is not available in HP SMART APP.  However to achieve the duplex scanning you may have to go with Manual mode as described in below mentioned steps.

Scan multi-page two-sided documents (Windows, Mac)

Use the automatic document feeder (ADF) and settings in HP Smart for Windows and macOS to scan documents with two sides and save them in a single PDF file.

1. Load the two-sided document in the ADF.

2. Click the Scan tile on the HP Smart app home screen.

3. Select Document Feeder in the Source menu.

4. Click Scan.

5. After the first sides are scanned, remove the pages from the output tray.

6. Without turning the pages over or changing the page order, load them back into the document feeder with the same leading edge. You might need to rotate the pages first.

7. Click +Add to scan the other sides of the pages.

8. In the preview window, drag and drop the pages in the order you want.

9. Click Save, and then select Basic PDF as the file type to save the document as a single PDF file.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Jabzi; thank you for your reply, totally understand the contents of the said reply, nerveless still believe what developing apps to be used with scanning document, it can't be that difficult to provide an option to select "duplex scanning" or stand scanning, or it is just me trying to make things too easy. My level of experience with computers is just creating documation's and speared sheets in Excell and presentations in Power Point etc. In saying all that, thank you for great assistance with this topic. Jabzi, and your family have a very happy chirstmas and new year.       

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.