Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Smart 5.6.1
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Note: this problem is with the scanning app, not with the printer/scanner.  Here is what happens:

1. I scan a multi-page two-sided printed document through the feeder into the Smart app.
  2. I made a few minor edits (mainly rotation).  All pages look correct in the Preview screen.
  3. I press Save and save to a PDF file.
  4. When I view the saved document in Mac Preview or Chrome, two of the pages appear blank.
  5. When I view the saved document in PDF Elements, the same two pages are highlighted red.
  6. If I print those pages from the app, they look fine (black and white).

Has anyone else encountered this issue and have an idea how to fix it?  I'd appreciate a response from HP since it seems like a bug in the app.

Missing-page.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@lightningrob

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Please uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart App and try again.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem using a HP7740 and connected to a Mac over a wireless network. There are a few things which have worked for me.

1 - in desperation, rather than save the file I would print to PDF (part of the Mac OS)

2 - In the auto enhancements page (inside the HP Smart App), I turned off rotate images

Both of the above allowed me to get a full PDF document which I could then work on using the Mac preview software (manual rotation etc). Not sure if you are using a Mac, but perhaps the above would at least let you get a file saved with all the pages scanned (possibly upside down).

As for the advice to remove and install the software, tried that a bunch of times and it did not work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.