Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 9025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am on my third HP printer over the last few years.  All of a sudden, with the 9025, the scanning user interface shrunk to 1/4th of the size it had originally been.  One-fourth.  Since I still had an older printer, I was able to compare the interfaces on my screen.  The new one, literally, fits into one quadrant of the old user interface.  I have spoken with several of their "experts" and even let them access my computer. They see the problem.  They agree it is a problem.  But no one at all knows why or how it got to be that way.  No one at all knows how to fix this.  It is very tiny.  More than one has said they will report it but nothing ever gets done.  It seems that since it used to be OK, they ought to know how to fix the code in the driver to bring it back to a more human usable size.  Can it be that difficult to upgrade the driver code?  They have a group that specializes in the software.  One should not have to use the magnifier.  One should not have to change the resolution on the computer, since that will change everything.  HP does not seem, or so it appears to me, to have any interest in fixing this or trying to make it more user friendly.  I, for one, am 80 yrs old, use the scan function a great deal, but I not dumb and blind, as they might think.  But they are ignoring this issue hoping it will go away.  I even included it in a letter to the corporate HQ a few months back.  Still no action.  No customer service.  Since this forum and discussion are for HP users, I guess the problem won't be heard outside of here.   Wish there were a way.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@cjthelder

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you.  More than one or two HP technical support people have accessed my computer remotely and seen this problem.  They always indicate they will escalate it or refer it to someone, but I never hear about it again.  So I hope perhaps your referral will get the job done.  I don't know why it would be such a difficult job for those who write the software to code it appropriately and update the driver.  Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.