Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e Wireless Color AllinOne Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How to scan from my HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 Printer to a USB? Say am not connected to a computer?!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mamon2000

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Are you scanning from printer scanner bed or from the computer?
  • Are you getting any error message while scanning?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for following up.

We are scanning from the document feeder and/or the glass flat bed.

We are used to scan on our HP Office jet 6700 and save to the usb that comes with the printer. So you do not need a computer to scan documents.

We are looking for a similar use case on the HP Office jet pro 8025?

HP Recommended

@mamon2000

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try this:

1. Place the document face-down on the scanner glass, or place it face-up in the document feeder and adjust the paper guides to fit the size of the document.

2. Insert the USB drive into the USB port near the printer control panel.

3. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, select Scan, and then select Scan to USB Drive.

Figure : Scan icon

4. Select the USB drive under Destination, and then select the save location (either the root of the USB drive or an existing folder).

5. Touch the File Name text field to open a touchscreen keyboard, type the name for the file, and then select the Enter  button.

6. To configure settings, such as File Type and Resolution, Original Sides, and Content Orientation select Options in the lower left corner, and then select the settings from the Options menus. Select Done if prompted.

7. Optional Preview: Touch the right pane of the screen to preview the document. You can use the Expand and Collapse buttons on the left side of the preview pane to expand and collapse the preview screen.

8. When the document is ready, select Save to save the file to the USB drive.

And, also refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgr1OrJZ1jw Scanning and Sending a Document to a USB Flash Drive.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I press the Scan icon as you indicate I only get the option to scan from a computer.

There is no  USB port near the printer control panel. At least that I can see.

In the back of the printer there is not a USB port either.

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

@mamon2000

Thank you for posting back.

If the printer is connected to the computer with a USB connection, the feature for scanning to computer is enabled by default and cannot be disabled. If you are using network connection, follow these instructions if the feature has been disabled, and you wish to enable it again.

1. Open the HP printer software. For more information, see Open the HP printer software (Windows).

2. Click Print, Scan & Fax , and then click Scan .

3. Select Manage Scan to Computer.

4. Click Enable.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.