Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
\HP LaserJet M1522
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have spent many hours on this forum today trying to solve my issue.

All was well until Windows 10 installed after I *thought* I hit cancel on their incessant commercial.   Before the OS upgrade,

1. I used a shortcut from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\HP\HP LaserJet M1522\Scan that ran "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\Digital Imaging\bin\hppscan6.exe".

2. A dialog comes up asking me to pick from a list of scan profiles I made. Once selecting that, I have a second dialog.

3. I set the "Paper Source" as Flatbed and the "Color picture" radio button selected.

4. I USED to be able to just click Scan and then another dialog would ask me where to save it but neither the Preview nor the Scan button make the scanner scan.  Preview gives me the vague "An error occurred...select "preview" again.  If I click Scan, it just all disappears.

I have tried the following to fix this:

Installing new drivers.

Running Scan Doctor (here, the green progress bar completes after picking the scanner "HP LI M1522nf Scan" and end up with an "Unsuccessful communicating" error.  It provides several options. 

- I have tried power cycling everything. 

- Clicking Retry.  I take the final option in the list and it gives another green bar and I end up full circle to the first Scan Doctor page with the "HP LaserJet M1522 MFP Series PCL 6" and "HP LI M1522nf Scan".  Both still show network connections and "Installed".

-  Continuing with the Scan Doctor, I click Get Installer.   I have set that up many times today to no avail.

I came to tech support and went through what looks like my same problem but nothing seems to help.  I spent several hours doing so.

I should also mention when it came time to download the drivers there were 3 categories.  In the first category there were 3 drivers.  I have gone through all of them at this point.

I do realize your top issue is "HP Printers - Network Scanner Connection is Lost (Windows)".

I am afraid to do an uninstall of HP "stuff" because my computer is an HP and I do not want to make my problems worse than they already are.

I understand there is a windows application to use for scanning but because it also controls the camera to the computer, I wanted to stick with the simple scan I have been using for many years now that just scans from my HP scanner/printer to my HP Computer.

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, got it to work!

Deinstalled old prinerdriver as good as it got, removed the rest of it from registry and recycled the 'puter.

Then installed latest firmware to the printer (don't know if this was neccessary, but it had ones from 2009 and the newest was from 2013, so I guess it wouldn't hurt).

Installed the latest universal driver from HP (This still doesn't solve the problem though...)

Finally reinstalled the old Win 7 full solution driver and then it works. I guess this one fills in some gaps while still maintaining the fresher drivers???

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, I've got the exact same problem on two of my machines, an HP and a Samsung, both Win 10 64 bit.

Testing with the Windows app, I get Problem with the preview, the scanner cannot be found...

I tried to install the newest diver from this year, but it just cycles around and nothing happens... (like for hours....)

If you get any hints, please let me know as well.

HP Recommended

Ok, got it to work!

Deinstalled old prinerdriver as good as it got, removed the rest of it from registry and recycled the 'puter.

Then installed latest firmware to the printer (don't know if this was neccessary, but it had ones from 2009 and the newest was from 2013, so I guess it wouldn't hurt).

Installed the latest universal driver from HP (This still doesn't solve the problem though...)

Finally reinstalled the old Win 7 full solution driver and then it works. I guess this one fills in some gaps while still maintaining the fresher drivers???

HP Recommended

I took your advice with a bit of a shotrcut.  I downloaded M1522series-win7-full-solution-EMEA4-v4.3.exe to install - a windows 7 driver as you suggested.  I tried to just run it but it failed so I uninstalled the driver via Programs and features. I got an error but figured I would continue along anyway.  I rebooted.  I ran the M1522series-win7-full-solution-EMEA4-v4.3.exe and it went as far at 96% done.   It sat at 96% for iver an hour.  I tried scanning and IT WORKED.  I just killed the process for the install.  I have what I need to scan now.

Thank you so much Zeta!

Installing a windows 7 driver after uninstalling the windows 10 driver seemed to do the trick. 

I am thrilled - thanks!!!

HP Recommended

They HP Scan app in the windows store works if you update the printers firmware using the 2013 update.

Or I should say it works on USB have not tested on networked connection yet.

So you have to use the HP Scan from the windows store and have updated firmware, there is no full solution anymore.

Would have been nice if HP bothered to explain that in the m1522nf driver download page.

HP Recommended

This worked for me. Though my computer is Windows 10 64 bit, I tried installing  M1522series-win7-full-solution-EMEA4-v4.3.exe. It bombed out, but the scanner now works! I really appreciate your post!

Tim

HP Recommended

Where can I download the full solution software from the HP site? This is the error I receive when I use the basic Windows 10 scanner software. It feeds the paper, but the scan doesn't finish. We don't use Win10 apps at my company so that won't help.

scanner error.JPG

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. 

How do I find these drivers?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.