Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet Pro MFP M283
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I scan a document it automatically comes up in my picture douments. When I view my documents some have a black rectangular box over some of the text. This does not happen on every page that is scanned. How can I stop this from happening?

Is it possible for me to re-direct the scanned sheets into a folder in my word documents? This was the case with my previous computer.  I could insert the whole folder as an attachment when sending an email. Now I have to send one sheet at a time. Space consuming when there are 18 sheets.

I hope someone can help, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@Kralik1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that notebook When I try to open my solution center I get this error that HP Solution Center has an issue. "FI" screen now pops up.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document fix :-

HP Document:

HP Printers - HP Solution Center doesn't open 

Solution Center GUI - Main Menu - is based on Flash.

Flash is gone and is never coming back.

>>> The GUI that opens the main Solution Center software menu depended on Flash.

HP Document:

HP Printers - HP Solution Center doesn't open 

Flash Player is permanently disabled as of 12-Jan-2021

The HP Solution Center software is based on Flash:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Print software still works with applications. 

If/as available: Tools and other status reports are explained in your printer's User Guide.

Some of the possible solutions for Scan are included in this message.

1.  Start Scan using HP Scan executable

You might be able to simply start HP Scan / Scan using the program executable.

For example:

The old Solution Center Scan software is located in "Digital Imaging"

The name of the scan executable varies.

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\

OR

C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\

Find and Double-Click on scan File name / executable.

For example:

hpiscnapp.exe 

OR

hpqkygrp.exe

2.  Windows Scan – Microsoft Store - Requires Windows 8 or higher

3.  Paint- the Original - Paint (mspaint) can be used to scan.

4.  NAPS2– “Not Another PDF Scanner”

• Download-Save-Install >  NAPS2 
  • Not another PDF Scanner – free program scans PDF files and image(s) as .jpeg or PDF file(s).
  • Includes an OCR feature – may need Ghostscript add-on (See NAPS2 forum entry)
  • Read the Support pages for information
  • Download, save, and install the NAPS2 software to use.

5.  HP Scan and Capture - Microsoft Store - Requires Windows 8 or higher

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Greetings! 

  

This message is from the HP Support team, 

  

Just needed to know if all your queries were resolved? 

  

If not, I could help you get there. 

  

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

  

Have a great day ahead! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.