Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
MacBook Pro
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Last week (2/08/2021) the officejet pro x476dn MFP stopped being able to scan to email. No setting was changed on the office ethernet network or the router or the printer. The email account scans had been going to is an AOL account, which does not offer the possiblity of 'less secure' connections.

At the suggestion of two HP techs (one on the phone; one in a chat) I accessed the printer through the network and re-entered the email parameters, maybe a dozen times. No luck. Since one error message said 'incorrect credentials' I was advised to make another self-signed certificate, which I did. No luck.

A chance conversation with another HP tech met on the road turned to resetting the printer and reconfiguring it. Since nothing else has worked I guess I'm ready to do this, but have some reservation. It seems better to solve the problem rather than go through a lot of botheer and possibly still have it at the end.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

We have run into cases where a reset was they only way to get the scan function working.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.