Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought and installed an OfficeJet Pro 8025 in the May, 2020. It is connected to the network wirelessly (192.168.1.44), and installed on the home network properly.The network was unplugged from June 2020 until December 2020. The network, then and now, includes 2 Lenovo laptops (WIN10 20H2) and a Dell laptop (WIN 10 2004). All laptops worked with the printer and scanner in May 2020. Now, after turning the network back on and connecting the laptops, the printer shows "OFFLINE" on all laptops. All laptops can access and make changes to the OfficeJet's internal web server. I thought the problem might be that the ink cartridges had dried out and forced the printer to be offline, so I purchased and installed 4 new cartridges. The problem still exists.

I used the Print and Scan Doctor several times and that did not fix the problem. I went through the process to install a Standard TCP/IP port on one of the Lenovo laptops. The printer now shows "READY" for this laptop. So now I went to the "HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 series-HP Scan" icon to scan a document, and the system said that there was no scanner installed. When I went through the "installation" process, it would not recognize any device at 192.168.1.44.

So, do I have to install the TCP/IP port on each computer attached to the network? And do I have to install the scanner and fax processes separately each time as well?

It shouldn't be this difficult. It seemed to "plug and play" well back in the spring. What happened?

Thanks.

BC

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Suspect that the IP address may have changed.  Can check if it is still 192.168.1.44?

If the HP FULL software is installed, there is a tool to use to "Update IP address".

Update IP address.jpg

Else, if not too troublesome, just uninstall and reinstall the Software:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-pro-8020-all-in-one-printer-...

This resource will be useful:

How to Uninstall Download & Reinstall a Printer software 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0aagFNT4OM

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Click on the link to subscribe and get the latest video uploads: https://goo.gl/y4Rcn1 Remember to like and share the video if you know of friends that would find this useful. Click on the bell so you will not miss out on any new videos. This tutorial shows how to download & install the HP Full ...
HP Recommended

Thank you, Greenturtle, for your reply.

1. I checked the IP address and it hasn't changed. It is still at 192.168.1.44. I can access its embedded webpage at that address from my laptop.

2. A. I looked at the videos you suggested, and a few others there.

B. I uninstalled and deleted every HP file I could find that I downloaded since December 1, 2020, including HP Print Scan Doctor and HP Smart.

C. I uninstalled the printer, and then deleted it in Settings ->Devices->Printers and Scanners.

D. I followed the link to the HP driver for the 8025 printer, but it said, "HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 All-in-One EasyStart Printer Setup Software – Offline Use Only" so I didn't install it. Instead, I went to the regular driver download page and downloaded  "Software and drivers for HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Printer" and  downloaded and installed the "recommended" HP Smart. As part of the installation, the process goes through the Windows 10 Settings process of adding the printer. Now Windows 10 could not find the printer. Now, neither the printer nor the scanner is installed.

As I mentioned, the link you provided indicated that that driver was for "Offline Use Only." Is that correct, or is that the one I really should use for the network?

Thanks for your help.

DXIS

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, the offline software was what was suggested to  download for the HP FULL software. 

It's a direct download rather than going through the HP Easy Start method. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Greenturtle:

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it very much.

After following your instructions, the offline package had more difficulties than the other package. (I wonder if it it not compatible with Windows 10.) It could not find the printer even when I entered the correct IP address.

I eventually opened a case with the telephone support people. After getting some help with one computer, I was having problems setting up another (I have 4 laptops and1 desktop on my network), so I reopened the case. The ultimate solution was not one that I am happy with, but I will use it for now. The printer/scanner is working fairly well with the two laptops, and I guess I will have to put up with the same solution with the other devices. Unfortunately, I may have to see if there are better solutions with other manufacturers' printers, even though I have been happy with HP printers for over 20 years.

Thank you again for your help. I appreciate your quick responses to my questions.

DXIS

HP Recommended

Hi @DXIS 

Spoiler
 the offline package had more difficulties than the other package.

What kind of issues were encountered?  Failed to install?

Personally, i used the HP FULL software a lot. 

Are the computers having the latest Windows 10 updates?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Green Turtle:

My apologies for the delay. I got distracted by several year-end happenings and could not respond earlier.

I really appreciate your help with this issue. Two of the computers have 20H2 installed, while the other has 2004 installed; it seems that 20H2 has not yet been approved for that laptop.

When I used the "Offline" version of the installation package, it could not find the printer on the network, even though I could enter its IP address in any of the computers and connect with the embedded web server. When I used the "regular" install, everything seemed to work properly.

The basic problem is that, according to the telephone support people, HP made a change recently that requires you to use the HP Smart app and go to their cloud to scan documents and who knows what else. In my situation, I cannot use any cloud services for some of my applications. So, because of this "improvement" I will now have to use another manufacturer's printer. one that does not force me to use their cloud.

Perhaps there is a way for you to escalate this issue, and see if the powers that be will change this.

Thank you again for your help and support. I appreciate your being there for me.

DXIS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.