Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Imprimante 9014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When scanning from HP Smart the following message appears on the computer screen.

"A problem with the scanner has been detected. Restart the printer and try again. If the problem persists contact the website."

Scanning via the touch screen works.

The same message from my brother-in-law who has the same printer.

Cordially.

Patrice

Lors d'une numérisation à partir de HP Smart le message suivant apparait sur l'écran de l'ordinateur.

"Un probleme lié au scanner a été détecté. Redémarrer l'ouvrage et le réessayer. Si le probleme persiste contacter le site Web".

La numérisation via l'écran tactile fonctionne.

Le même message chez mon beau frère qui possède la même imprimante.

Cordialement.

PatriceIMG-20201107-WA0002.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello everyone.
Good news, scanning is working from my computer.
The only manipulation done was to have registered my device on the "Hp support assitant" site which was on my computer in addition to Hp smart.
If that can help you.
Merry Christmas to all.
Patrice.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi there! Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community! 🙂

We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

BiancaS.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello, initial question is written in english ! Please read again instead of post this kind of useless comment !

We are hundreds of users with the same issue .

Thanks for a real help !

regards.

Phil

HP Recommended

It seems problem comes from Hp Smart V121.1.193.0 ( last version) : impossible to scan anything !

All was fine with previous version Hp Smart V115.1.152.0

Please take an action to solve this issue : upgrade / patch this **bleep** version of Hp Smart

Thanks

HP Recommended

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello everyone.
Good news, scanning is working from my computer.
The only manipulation done was to have registered my device on the "Hp support assitant" site which was on my computer in addition to Hp smart.
If that can help you.
Merry Christmas to all.
Patrice.

HP Recommended

We are glad that you managed to solve the problem;)

Thank you for describing the procedure performed. Thus, you will be helping other users who have the same
question.

Matheus.H

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
HP Recommended

It works fine for me now since I installed the last version of HP-Smart ( 2020-12-18)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.