Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY PRO 6420
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I installed my all in one printer in wifi and I cannot scan with HP smart without having the following message : "Scanner problem
A problem with the scanner has been detected. Restart the printer and try again. If the problem persists, visit the HP support website." (in french : "Problème lié au scanner. Un problème lié au scanner a été détecté. Redémarrez l'imprimante et réessayer. Si le problème persiste, consultez le site web d'assistance HP.").

I have no problem to scan/print with my smartphone over wifi.

I can print in wifi but not scan from my PC and HP smart. I try to connect the printer with USB and I can scan with HP smart on my PC.

I suppose it's a problem with HP Smart but I absolutely need to go to wifi and to HP smart because on my work laptop, I can't install the software to scan and therefore bypass HP smart. Can you please help me quickly. Otherwise I would have to send my printer back to amazon and move on...
Thank you in advance,

Windows 10 Pro

Printer : HP ENVY PRO 6420 (firmware VASPLSPP1N001.2034A.00)

HP Smart 121.1.193.0

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Same here with an ENVY Photo 6232...

W10 x64 20H2 install. No issue before the 20H2 update I think.

No issue with other Scan software like HP Scan.

HPO Doctor found no error because it use HP Scan.

Only HP Smart (last version : 121.1.193.0) have an issue... Grrrrrrrrrr

HP Recommended

When I posted my post I didn't have 20H2 installed. I have since installed w10 x64 20H2 and have the same problem. I don't think it's related to Windows.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have exactly the same issue on HP envy Photo 7830 since I updated HP Smart today.

I was able to scan before and since the update I have the same message 

"A problem with the scanner has been detected. Restart the printer and try again. If the problem persists, visit the HP support website"

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, restart the printer and the computer, used HP Print & scan doctor but the issue remained

But it is not a scanner issue, I can scan directly through the printer option and not a windows issue as I did the update of windows few days ago.

Best,

HP Recommended

Sorry I made the two updates practically at the same time I must have confused.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP JET 5232. When i press Scan on my computer it dosent work, I get  the same message, the scanner is in use or has a problem. When i use my HP SMART on my phone it works. But i need to use it on my computer. So whats the quick fix?

Pkjell

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. All was fine before HP Smart update.

Impossible to scan in wifi on my hp envy 5020.

Same error message as decribed into th above messages here.

Only french users affected by this issue ?????

Issue referenced also here :

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-Copying/Pas-de-num%C3%A9risation-via-hp-Smart/m-p/7852...

When this issue will be taken into account ?

HP Recommended

Problem described here again  :

https://answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows/forum/all/message-derreur-sur-hp-officejet-5230/d6e3a6be...

(Publied in french , sorry for non french reders , but you can use your firnd google translate 😉 )

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update:)  Its sems like HP is to busy to take action. They are more concern about witch languages you write in then fixing the real problem. It’s seems like it’s a bug on the latest patch and they need to fix it, either fix or let us download the latest update that actually works. This is bad customer treatment:( 

Lets hope something Happens soon.

Kindly regards

Pkjell

HP Recommended

Hi @kilebo,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions-

Uninstall the HP Smart App

Install all the available Windows updates

If it is been a while since you updated your Windows, that is the main reason why Windows says your HP printer driver is unavailable. Here are the steps on how to do a Windows Update to install all accessible operating system update.

If you are accessing Windows 10, then these steps are for you.

1. Hit the Start menu and write an update. After that, click on the “Check for updates” option.
  2. Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
  3. After clicking on that option, Windows will install the updates automatically.
  4. When Windows completes all its updates, start your computer again and attempt to print a file to check if your printer works.

Install the HP Smart App and then try adding the printer

If the issue persists, install the full-featured drivers and then follow the onscreen instructions

And then try and scan.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.