Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
photosmart 7525
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My printer will not scan to my mac computer wirelessly. It states no computer found. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have also made sure that the airprint is not installed. I can scan from the computer to printer wirelessly but not printer to computer. ive tried all the steps in the trouble shooting.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

First, sorry for my english ... i'm French ... nobody is perfect ...

So if you want to scan from your hp to your computer...

On El Capitan, go to "system settings" ... 

Go to security

unchek : My security settings are set for "Mac App Store and identified developers

And chek : security settings were set to "Anywhere"

Removed all the HP utilities and rebooted first. Then reinstalled using the HP Easy Start and making sure the security settings were set to "Anywhere"  

And … it’s worked fine … (scan to computer) ...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi machpuser123,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

I understand that you are using an HP Photosmart 7525 e-All-in-One Printer with a Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and you are unable to scan from the printer to the computer because it does not find the computer. I would like to help.

You mentioned that you have tried all the steps in the troubleshooting with no luck. Here is the support document intended to help resolve this issue - Network Scanner Connection is Lost (Mac).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

First, sorry for my english ... i'm French ... nobody is perfect ...

So if you want to scan from your hp to your computer...

On El Capitan, go to "system settings" ... 

Go to security

unchek : My security settings are set for "Mac App Store and identified developers

And chek : security settings were set to "Anywhere"

Removed all the HP utilities and rebooted first. Then reinstalled using the HP Easy Start and making sure the security settings were set to "Anywhere"  

And … it’s worked fine … (scan to computer) ...

HP Recommended
Thank you!
HP Recommended
Thanks
HP Recommended
Turns out that it was my HP utility that was preventing the scan feature, once I fixed that then it works. Thanks everyone for all the help
HP Recommended

IAM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPEND MY SCANNER WAS SCANNING TO MY COMPUTER WIRELESS UNTIL I UNPLUGGED IT AND PLUGGED BACK UP.   IT IS SAYING NO COMPUTER FOUND .  IS THIS ENOUGH INFO TO HELP....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.