Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I'm having an issue with the scan tray on the all in one. Basically I only ever scan A4 paper (wirelessly), but once the data transmits from the printer to the pc, I'm finding that the PDF version on screen is too long. I then have to manually crop the size down to A4. It might not seem a huge issue when say you are scanning one or two pages, but when you have a whole stack of documents to upload, manually cropping each one to size takes a long time. The scanner never used to do this, it is a recent issue. Am I using the wrong settings or is there something wrong with the scanner itself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Alright, this should resolve your issue:

Make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector.

1. Open HP Scan.
  2. Click on the the gear icon.
  3. Click on Crop To.
  4. Select A4.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you can scan correctly, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @Mr_H1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.

I see that you are having some issues with scanning from your printer to your Mac OSX 10.11 machine. I can help you with that, however I am going to need some clarification first. Please let me know the full name of the printer as it appears on the label and the program you are scanning from. Once I know this I will be better able to assist you.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Thank you for our assisstance in this matter. The printer is a LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276nw. The scanning software I'm using is HP Scan, Version 4.0.50 (114).

HP Recommended

Alright, this should resolve your issue:

Make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector.

1. Open HP Scan.
  2. Click on the the gear icon.
  3. Click on Crop To.
  4. Select A4.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you can scan correctly, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, all resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.