Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Scanjet Enterprise Flow 7000s2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, we have a HP Scanjet Enterprise Flow 7000 s2 and have been having an issue for the past few weeks where there is no paper detected and the document does not feed through.

Other times, the paper feeds through and the document scans, but less than 5 seconds later the scanner makes a crunching noise where it sounds like the rollers are trying to feed through more pages, but there is nothing in the tray to be scanned. The noise lasts until I press the power button to turn off the machine.

Have tried opening everything and cleaning the rollers, but the issue still happens.

I called HP 3 times last week and was promised a call back but have not received one as yet. They could not give me a reference number as I was not transferred to the right section.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

AB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It appears to be hardware issue and may require preventive maintenance or general service or repair. 

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It appears to be hardware issue and may require preventive maintenance or general service or repair. 

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended
Thanks! That's what I thought too.

Called HP again and they sent someone out to change a part. Seems to be working okay now 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.