Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6950

Every time I copy aor scan a document a thin black line appears from top to bottom. I have tried cleaning the glass to no avail. I have also tried the scan doctor, which wasn't any help either

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@LETSBOOGYBABY 

Even a speck of dirt / debris can cause ugly line to be traced onto the copy / scan.

Use a flashlight (torch in the UK):

Shine the light at an angle along the glass.

Clean, clean, clean.

Use a tiny brush to sweep all along the edges of the glass.

More here:

Improving Scan Quality

And

Resolving Copy Problems

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, I have tried every thing that you suggested to no avail. Would it be possible to send you an example of my issue?

HP Recommended

@LETSBOOGYBABY 

You are welcome.

The known solutions (HP documents) generally include what is available.

You can add an image in your post, if you like.

Save your image to your computer as a .jpg file.

Open your new post (or edit you existing post for Edit)

Add your content.

Click the Camera at the top of the little post editor > Find and add your saved image file.

Reminder:

Do NOT post any private data to this Community - we are a public resource.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt response. Please find picture attached. The thin dark line is more prominent on the hard copy.

Scan with thin dark line.jpg

HP Recommended

@LETSBOOGYBABY 

If the line is only on the one document / image result,

Perhaps the shadow is the edge of the image / document being scanned.

?

Sorry, I don't know.

Stay Safe.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for you efforts and stay safe too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.