Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction Printer
iOS

For some time, I have used the HP Smart app on iOS to scan documents from this printer, as soon as last week it worked fine.  Now, there is a new update that was installed and when I press “scan”  I get the message that it is no longer available?  I tried to removed/re-install the app, but it would not work!  What happened? If this functionality was purposely removed, why was this down?  Are you trying to make us buy a new printer?  Mine works fine, until this new software seems to screw it up!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same problem and it happened yesterday to both my Envy 100 D410 and Officejet 7500 E910.  The problem exists on all my iOS devices (iPhone XS, iPhone 13 ProMax, and iPad).  After deleted HP Smart and reinstall it back on so many times, it becomes very clear to me this is a HP Smart SW issue because it cannot even find the printer.

One thing I've noticed is once you have the printer connected to the wireless network (on the same network with your mobile devices) you can actually print from iOS print function.  This further my conclusion regarding it is the HPSmart SW issues because this problem seems to happen to many other users right after the HPSmart version 9.3, 9.4 update.

HP Recommended

This all works fine before the software update within the last week or so. 

I will test it to see if it prints but it finds my printer on the network I have a static IP and it comes up in the whip bra. 

I press a scan and the thing acts like the feature is not there if I have to buy a new printer I’ll run over it with my car.    This is insane!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.