Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9015
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I open HP Smart I get a screen that asks "Do you  want to help make HP Smart better..."  Whether I select "yes" or "no" it just reloads the same screen.  Can' t get past it.  Rebooted, reloaded, nothing works. Help!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. HP needs to fix now!

HP Recommended

Windows 10 64 bit, Lenovo laptop, Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fnw. Just started today. Continuous loop of asking to help make HP better, yes or no gets same results. Either answer next step is trying to down load cloud services. fails with a UU_599_XXXXXXXX error code, when you exit setup you're right back where you started...Help make HP better and around and around we go. Use scanner function heavily in my business and I am dead in the water as of now. 

HP Recommended

same issue, have tried the following (no success trying hp smart after each reinstall):

(on a fully-updated, very recently installed windows 10 pro machine connected to a windows server 2016 domain)

reset hp smart app (using rt-click, app settings)

reinstall hp smart app from microsoft store

remove printer

install printer using windows auto install

remove printer again

install printer using hp's full printer software download

remove printer again

disable ipv6

install printer using hp easy-start, using printer's ipv4 address

update printer's firmware

Problem is with HP Smrt's latest update.

***workaround -- use hp scan which came with the full install... pretty simple app also, and doesn't req. using hp's cloud services

HP Recommended

I appreciate the response. Did I understand that after you jumped through all those hoops it still did not work? HP Scan was deleted, I assume by HP when they loaded the Smart app. I'll try to reinstall that and see if it works or if Smart interferes.

Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Still does not work.

HP Recommended

My Smart app is working again, and I did nothing to fix it. I assume that HP fixed the issue (rolled back a bad update or fixed the update?), but I've used it this morning on several occasions and it is working. Give it a try. Thanks for responding so quickly.

HP Recommended

Me too!  Working fine.  What a nightmare!  If there is a way to talk to a human support person, I didn't find it.  Will never again buy HP.

HP Recommended

Bonjour, savez vous si une solution ou reparation a été effectuée pour que l'appli HP SMART remarche à nouveau comme avant?

Merci

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.