Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hi @Dragon-Fur 

Here's how to reset:

HP Smart Tank 670| 720 |750 |6000 |7000 |7300 Printers : How to restore | Reset to Factory defaults

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoL6xpN64-k&t=178s

@JoeHair  don't think there is a need to reset your printer, it's connected and the only challenge is the 2 sided scan.

Do let us know if the Universal Scan works!

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

>> Can you try to download and install the Universal Scan Driver :

>>  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-smart-tank-7300-series/2100178736/sw...

I removed all HP apps drivers, Restart,  then downloaded the above,  SUCCESS, it auto ordered correctly into  pages 1234.

Being able to print has been removed (HP Smart Tank 7300 series PCL-3 9V4) (Network) Driver is unavailable)  So guessing I should have left the previous  Full software in place then downloaded the above. Which is what I will try now

HP Recommended

@greenturtle 

@Dragon-Fur 

SUCCESS.  I have a scanner that works double sided and a printer that works.

I loaded the full software  you suggested previously, after the universal scan software.  I have two shortcuts now,

JoeHair_0-1664967160538.png

The HP Smart Tank 73..    doesnt scan correctly (but printer works),  but the HP Scan is  SUCCESSful.

I am happy it works and have a solution. I am just wary now of loading any future upgrades. 

Unless you suggest anything else, I say

Thanks for your help

Much appreciated

HP Recommended

Hi @JoeHair ,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

HP Recommended

@JoeHair 

You are welcome.

Excellent outcome.

Happy Scanning.

For those reading:

The Full Feature Software / full driver software should be installed for your printer.

Next,

For supported printers,  the  driver installs OCR libraries into HP Scan.

Is the Universal Scan Software Driver supported with your printer software?

Find and Open your printer's Homepage > open Category Software and Drivers

If needful, adjust the Operating System / version

Check for the software in the list(s) of available installation packages.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.