Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Envy 5640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I regularly scan A4 documents and this has worked fine until the last 72 hours.

Now only about 70% of the length of the ocument appears (width is scanned correctly).

Can someone help me revert to a proper full length scan ?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

May I know what type of scan are you performing? Are you scanning from the printer to the PC? Or selecting a copy job from the user interface?

Thanks.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

I am using my laptop (an HP Envy 5640 icon on my home screen) to initiate the scan.  It has worked perfectly for years but now it just does not scan the full length of the page.  

I have no idea if this was the right thing but I tried the following.   When this happened after scanning I went to Adjustments - More nd tried adjusting the lengthg of the page to ~ 11.5 but that does not work and when I revert to it then it seems to have reverted to the smaller length (~ 9.82).   

I have just tried the scan using the controls on the printer.  It also does not scan the whole length of the sheet.   I could send you an example if that would help.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. 

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Try making a copy using an A4 paper and check whether it works fine. 

If copying on A4 paper works fine then try scanning from your pc by opening the HP printer assistant software(double click on the printer icon on the desktop) to find the scan option and then try scanning. 

Please let us know the result of both the above steps in order to understand the issue better. 

thank you,

Say “Thanks!” by clicking Kudos Star next to the Post that helps you.

Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to say your issue is solved.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

HP Recommended

It seems like the scan size set to Letter but actullay you scan a A4 image. Please check you scan setting to see if problem can resolve or not.

HP Recommended

I have checked and setting are to A4 (210 x 297 mm) in all places in HP Printer Assistant Envy 5640.   Rob

HP Recommended

Thank you for helping me.

a.  I have done a copy and the whole A4 page is copied.

b.  I have opened Envy 5640 Printer Assistant and used the scan option.  This is what I usually use and it still only scans ~ 70% of the document.

After scanning is I then go to Adjustments, then More and then Manage Images at the bottom and at the bottom of that there are four boxes the bottom two are Width 8.27 and Height 9.82.  Could this be the problem ?

HP Recommended

Since scanning using the copy mode scans the whole page, it seems there is nothing wrong with the scanner.

Can you please try a couple of things:

1. In printer assistant, set the page size to "Auto Detect Size" (or something similar). I am assuming this version of printer assistant has this option.  Then try scanning again.

2. In printer assistant, set the page size to "Custom", again, I am assuming this version of printer assistant has this option. Then in the width and height, enter the dimensions for A4. You may play around with it, (e.g. enter slightly higher height so that it will scan more). Then try scanning again.

Thanks.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion  -  it was the first one that, after an initial bit of fiddling, might have resolved the matter.  I have tried it once but I will over coming days monitor matters.  Fingers crossed.  Rob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.