Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 6950

It has been scanning using HP Easy Scan from the flatbed since I bought it - now all of a sudden when I try to scan it comes up with an error saying I need to load the automatic document feeder, but I don't want to scan this way.

Im not sure how the settings were changed in the first place - could have been my toddler daughter playing with the touch screen buttons - but I can't find where to change the settings. Ive had a search through HP Utility settings but can't find any option to change it back. Anyone know how to solve this? Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

1. If using the HP Smart apps, there is a "Source" where you can select ADF or Flatbed.

2. Alternatively, can you download and install the FULL featured software?

The following resource will help you :
https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

Once installed, start the HP Printer Assistant and then select Scan.  At the HP Scan, select the Source to be Flatbed for scanning. Example:

OJP 8720 Scan Source as Use ADF if loaded.jpg

3. Try using the HP Scan Extended (standalone Scan software)

HP Scan Extended

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I cannot get this to work. I am having the same problem. I did check my settings, and they are correct to pull from the flatbed and NOT the auto doc feed. In the past - the auto doc feed would never work - and now it is the only option. I have downloaded the software and get the spinning circle of death stuck every time it gets to the step to gather device info.  The wireless is working because it showed for me to select the device.  I have a MAC and not a PC so the second software you showed/suggested is not an option for me.  Please help. I have had this less than a year. 

HP Recommended

Hi @anngeegee

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the scan settings. 

To better assist you - 

1) What's the macOS version installed?

2) Do you have the same printer as mentioned in the original post - HP OfficeJet 6950?

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am using Mac OS Catalina—10.15.2. I'm using HP Easy Scan. This problem happened just this past week, as others have said. There are not options for settings in Easy Scan. And if I open up the full scan, there's not optoion for saving as rich text.

Please give theappropriate answer for HP Easy Scan for Mac 10.15.2—the latest operating system—and not for some outdate Windows product

HP Recommended

I am using Mac OS Catalina—10.15.2. I'm using HP Easy Scan. with HP Office Jet 8600. This problem happened just this past week, as others have said. There are not options for settings in Easy Scan. And if I open up the full scan, there's not optoion for saving as rich text.

Please give the appropriate answer for HP Easy Scan for Mac 10.15.2—the latest operating system—and not for some outdated Windows product.

HP Recommended

The HP Scan Extended doesn't download in a format for Macs

HP Recommended

Just saw that HP doesn't support Cataline for Easy Scan yet.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06455960

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.