2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

scan dialog won't open

hp 1050
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

The scan dialog button does not respond on the hp 1050 program.

The printer works fine.

I had to disable a lot of services on my PC because I had a login problem.

I cannot simply enable  all the services again because i do not know which service is causing my login problem.

What services do I need to enable for the scan dialog to open? ( I'm assuming it must be a service that's not running)

Thank you in advance.

PS.  I reinstalled the software, re-powered the printer, plugged the USB cable in and out etc. The printer spool service is enabled.

1 REPLY 1
jcmahne
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

scan dialog won't open

Its working now.

I went through all the services and read each of their descriptions in the Windows Manager.

It took me 2 hours. I could not just do a blanket enabling of all services as that breaks my log on.

I went on to safe mode with networking enabled and wrote down all the services, then worked my way up from there. Phew what a job. That's Windows.

The scan dialog problem had something to do with one of the network security services. I enabled them all. I'm not sure which one was causing the problem.

I can still log on now.

I'm moving over to Linux soon. I hope I can get a Linux driver for the hp 1050.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation