Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
iOS

I recently bought an HP Sprocket and tested it immediately with no problems (after powering it up and charging it to full capacity).

It printed fine so I put it away for a week and wanted to print something yesterday.

I charged the Sprocket with the cable that came with it and the light came on RED and I left it plugged in until the light became green, no problem so far.

However, when I push the button on the side to switch it on, nothing happens.

No light to indicate it is starting up or anything.

I tried (eventhough the device is off) resetting it with a pin but that obviously didn't work either.

Is it dead? Eventhough it charges ? 

Thanks for any advice you may have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HansM1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I just passed by and saw your message. Just a blind shot: Did you try to plug the sprocket for charging: Does it light then? Can you try to make it print when charging? Could possibly indicate something about the issue.

Best wishes! 🙂

Midlife
HP Recommended

When I plug it in then the light comes on Red.

after a while it turns Green.

when it is green I cannot see it on my iPad in BTooth.

when I disconnect it from the wall outlet it switches off but I cannot switch it on.

thanks for any suggestion you may have.

i am not able to print during powering up.

just don’t see it in BT.

hams

HP Recommended

OK. Sure I should love to give you a hand, but it looks like I cannot assist you with this issue. I have a Sprocket Plus that has served me faithfully for some time. I consider it as a product I rely upon. Wish you good luck hoping that you find a solution. 

Midlife
HP Recommended

ok, that was not very helpful, is there anyone who can help or make a meaningful remark about my issue?

short from: go back to BestBuy and replace it as I am unable to do that now.

HP Recommended

@HansM1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Issue has been resolved.

HP Recommended

Hi HansM1 i see you was able to resolve the issue ill like to no what was it that you did to fix the problem as im having the same problem & will like to fix it as will i will really appreciate it to hear back from you on the fix thanks HansM1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.