Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Other
Received the sprocket as a Christmas gift, 2017. Connected to phone first time, printed off 5 pictures. Came back an hour later and printer won't connect to phone's Bluetooth. Followed all troubleshooting references on this site and online manual. Even used pin to reset sprocket to no avail. Very frustrating that hp makes you pay for their support services since I have had this for only one day and cannot use it. I need help!!
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @bpod12,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that HP sprocket is not connecting to your phone.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score.

I recommend you uninstall the Sprocket app from your phone and install it again and then connect the sprocket and check.

If the issue persists, please refer to the below.

http://hp.care/2BH91Go

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
This did not help my situation. I have reset the printer, done what you said to do, updated printer firmware and nothing has helped. Is this a problem between hp and Google because my son as ordered another printer for me in case this was a lemon but if there is an issue with compatibility between these 2, I don't want to continue to waste my time and his. Very dissatisfied.
HP Recommended

Hi @bpod12,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

I would like to inform you that there are no compatibility issues with the Google phones.

I recommend you try the below steps and check if it helps.

1. From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located on the bottom of the screen).
  2. Touch Settings.
  3. Touch Wireless & networks.
  4. Touch Bluetooth settings.
  5. Touch and hold a paired Bluetooth device.
  6. Touch Unpair.

Then pair the sprocket with the phone again and then try printing.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My son got me a new printer.  This one works the way I expected the last one to work.  I guess that one was a lemon.  Thank you for trouble shooting.  

HP Recommended

Hi @bpod12,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.