Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 200
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

I bought my Sprocket 200 5 days ago and it was working great to being with. I then tried to connect to it two days ago and it wouldnt print, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, resetting the sprocket, pairing and unpairing it with my phone and restarting my phone. I have done this multiple times in the last few days. The sprocket will connect to the app on another phone. It pairs with my device but in the app it does not find the sprocket. The sprocket is charged over 50%, so is my phone, the devices are right beside each other and the sprocket contains the zink paper. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I ran a diagnostic on my phone and I believe it was the location on my phone that was preventing the app from finding the sprocket. Now it will print again. Thanks for taking the time to respond and send suggestions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Your question seems like what I experienced with my Sprocket Plus, which is a great little poroduct. I realised that my Sprocket could not be paired with two mobile units at the same time. I recommend that you check out this, and report back to this foruim if the problem still persists.

Have a nice day!

I am not an employee of HP, but lurking around to see if I could be of some help for anybody.

Midlife
HP Recommended

I have gotten a replacement sprocket as I thought it may have been the hardware but the new one also does not connect to the app, which makes me think this is an issue with the hp sprocket app.

HP Recommended

I am sorry to see that you still have problems with your Sprocket.

I have two possible solutions. First try to delete the Sprocket application completely, then reinstall it and try again. If the problem persists, switch off your mobile device. Wait for 10 seconds, then switch it on again. These two methods have been useful for me, not actually in this similar situation, but when some application refused to cooperate. If the problem still is there, I'm afraid I don't have any ideas. If you find a solution other that what I have mentioned, please post it here so that  I and others may learn a little bit more.

Hope you find a solution, and that you will be satisfied with your sprocket.

Have a nice day!

Midlife
HP Recommended

I ran a diagnostic on my phone and I believe it was the location on my phone that was preventing the app from finding the sprocket. Now it will print again. Thanks for taking the time to respond and send suggestions.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Wow! Never thought about a solution like that! I'm glad that you made your Sprocket print again, and thanks much for sharing your experience with the forum.

Have a nice week ahead!

@Rach7

Midlife
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.