Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
iOS

I can pair my iPhone X with the sprocket but it's impossible to print, neither with an iPad Pro. But with the iPad mini it works. I am on iOS 11.2. The iPad Mini works on 11.1.2. Firmware of the Sprocket is the latest. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
I am having the same experience! My iPad & iPhone worked prior to iOS 11.2 update. Now neither works and the firmware update never finishes, even when I let it run overnight!
HP Recommended

Same problem here! 
I had to use an Android phone to download the firmware to the printer but even after the new firmware download the printer does not work on iPhone X.

We really need a fix for that!

HP Recommended

Same problem here.

Sprocket shows itself to my iPhone X (iOS 11.2). I can pair via Bluetooth, the iOS app sees the printer but can’t do anything with it. The suggested fw upgrade could not be transferred to the printer. Neither do photos for printing.

All went well with my old iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 11.1.2).

Surely HP will come with a solution instead of blaming Apple.

HP Recommended

I called HP phone support and the guy I spoke to said this is a known bug and HP is working on a fix to be release “soon”.  No more specific than that.  To give you a flavor of the expertise of the support person I spoke with, I told him I had an iPad and an iPhone, both exhibiting this problem.  He asked if I had a laptop or a desktop.  🤪

I guess we have to sit back and wait.  

HP Recommended

The fix for iOS 11.2 is now available, see the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.