Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
sprocket
iOS

Hi,

I have had my sprocket for about a year and I recently got on the app to find that the printer wasn’t connected anymore. I clicked add printer several times and the app repeatedly says that it does not find any sprockets near by. I upgraded my iOS and restarted both the sprocket and my phone. I forgot the device from my Bluetooth as well. Can anyone help me?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@apamurthy, Welcome to HP Support Community!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Also, follow the steps from the document HP Sprocket Printers - Sprocket Does Not Connect or Print.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I might have the same issues with my Sprocket photo printer. 

Following the steps is not possible, because step 1 already can't be done.

I use an iPhone X en bluetooth is connected with sprocket (visible in settings).

I open the spocketapp and when searching for a printer the app says 'we searched for a long time en still do but we can'tfind a Sprocket'. 

I tried it on my iPad, same issue. 

HP Recommended

I think it might have been the Sprocket 200

HP Recommended

I think it might have been the Sprocket 200 @TEJ1602

HP Recommended

@apamurthy

If the printer was previously connected to any other device ensure you forget the device from that device and then try connecting it to the currently used mobile device.

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@TEJ162

I just forgot the device from my old phone and I tried it again. My phone is still saying that it can not find any nearby sprockets. I followed the link for hp support and the only two options were community support and a virtual agent. I tried the virtual agent but it could not identify my specific problem.

HP Recommended

@apamurthy

Sending you a private message with details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.  I'm having exactly the same issues as this.  Could you please send me a private message too about how to fix it.  I have tried everything you have suggested above and nothing is working.  It will not find the printer at all.  It has been used on this phone before (a while ago) but now it just won't work.

HP Recommended

@Lisa1001, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document HP Sprocket Printers - Sprocket Does Not Connect or Print and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.