Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
envy x360

I just want to turn off  the tapping function on my laptop.   it is a pain in the butt and i have searched and can not find a way to turn off the tapping function

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@joe1836

Welcome to HP support community.

Could you please explain more about the issue?

Are you referring to touch pad double tapping issue?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes the touchpad.  I dont like the tapping feature and want to turn it off.   I have been thru the setting and it does not show a button where i can turn off tapping for the touchpad.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@joe1836

To disable the Double Tap, open the Touchpad tab in Mouse Properties.

1. Click Start , and then type mouse in the search field.

2. Click Change your mouse settings.

3. Click Additional mouse options.

Clicking on Additional mouse options

4. In Mouse Properties, click the Touchpad tab.

NOTE: 

Some HP Notebooks have an HP Control Zone tab. If your Notebook has this tab, open it and click HP Control Zone Disable.

5. Click Disable.

Clicking on Disable

6. Click Apply, and then click OK.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When i open up the additional mouse settings,  I do not have the last 2 tabs at the top like you are shoing me

In mouse properties i only have on the top   Buttons  Pointers   Pointer options   Wheel   Hardware       THere is nothing after that...

THanks

Joe

HP Recommended

@joe1836

You can refer this HP document for the steps to disable taping:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THis is what my additional mouse shows unlike yours it does not have the tab to turn off tapping.  you keep sending me the same info but it does not help

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

@joe1836

Uninstall touchpad drivers from device manager

1. Press Windows key + X and go to Device Manager.
  2. In the Device Manager window find your touchpad drivers.
  3. Right-click them, and select Uninstall.

Update BIOS, Chipset and graphics card driver using HP support assistant.

Refer this HP document for the steps to update the drivers:- Click here

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The hp helper is no good  keeps asking me to repeat my questions and when i unistall my device it just reinstall it automatically then looking to disable bitlocker to update my bios is not good   cant find it...ill have someone look at it.  this is all pointless.   might actually return the computer...

HP Recommended

@joe1836

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.