10-22-2017 10:00 AM
I recently bought a HP Officejet 3830, and successfully installed it (wireless) on two Windows 10 computers. Test page printed without problems. The next day, when trying to do some real work, everything I printed was black-and-white. After going through the HP support forum and other resources, I can reconstruct the problem reproducibly in the following way (but without a solution):
1) completely uninstall all HP printers, using the instructions from this HP resource.
2) reinstall the printer with drivers and software from this HP webpage. This proceeds smoothly, no problems, no errors.
3) I open Powerpoint, make a one-page document with some color in it, then print it: it prints color, nice.
4) I open any pdf with color in it, print it ==> it prints only black-and-white
5) go back to that Powerpoint file which was still open, print it again in exactly the same way as before: only black-and-white...!
The above procedure is reproducible.
The test page printed directly from the printer itself, is always printed in color. A colored document that is duplicated by the copy feature of the printer, is always printed in color too. So no hardware problem.
The HP print and scan doctor reports no problems.
In the printer settings, I can nowhere find an option to select color/black. If the program from with I print has a selection possibility itself, it does not matter what is chosen, it always ends up in black-and-white.
I found one description on the HP forum that feels like exactly my problem, but I don't fully understand the solution given, and that solution does not feel to be very elegant or robust either.
Please bring back color in my life 😉
Solved! Go to Solution.