Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy Desktop TE-01-1020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new desktop, and it keeps freezing up after a half hour or so, at which the time mouse and keyboard don't do anything.  It all comes back after I restart by pressing and holding the power button.   Help!

47 REPLIES 47
HP Recommended

MY AIO DESKTOP HAS BEEN DOING THE SAME THING  WHEN I MANUALLY PUT IT TO SLEEP.  IF I SIMPLY LEAVE THE COMPUTER TO GO TO SLEEP ON ITS OWN, IT WAKES UP JUST FINE. OTHERWISE, THE SCREEN IS BLACK AND EVERYTHING FREEZES. I HAVE TO FORCE SHUT IT DOWN - NOT GOOD FOR THE COMPUTER. I CAN'T SEEM TO GET HELP FROM HP.

HP Recommended

I have an ENVY Desktop - TE01-1177c that was working flawlessly until about 12/9 when I performed some hp driver updates and 3 windows updates.  My symptoms were: mouse freezes with "link select" pointer, keyboard unresponsive, CPU or video card fan ramps up to full and system gets hot.  Only fix was to hard reset with the power button.  I thought it was a sleep-wake power state problem, but not now.  After software rollbacks not working I believe it is Chrome or an extension as the root cause.  If Chrome is not running I get normal behavior.  If Chrome is running I get the freeze.  Needs more troubleshooting.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue . also, brandnew tg01-1660. Locks up randomly. Diagnostics runs ok. extensive tests locks up also. what else can I do to solve this?

HP Recommended

I just bought a HP ENVY TE01-1xxx. I am using a wireless keyboard and mouse that came with the desktop (bought from HP). Every 30 minutes or so the machine just hangs. Not able to use keyboard or mouse!!! Please HELP!!

HP Recommended

My PC is Envy TE01-1177C. I am having the same issue. PC locks up and freezes. I can't do "Control-Alt-Del" or do anything.  The only thing I could do is Reboot by holding down the power button.  It can restart and work for awhile but then freezes again.  It's a new system I bought from Costco about 91 days ago. I have rarely used it since the day I bought.  I was thinking about returning it to Costco but it expired the 90-day returning policy.  That's why I am here asking the same question, hopefully, I will get a solution to resolve it. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi@lktruong,cscs123 ,BF16,repelsteeltje,DaveWM .@, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you have done all your Windows updates?

Have you run the HP Support Assistant to aid with HP updates?

Is the BIOS up to date 

Have you tried doing a Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows? This will reinstall the OS but should not affect your personal files.  Just to be safe I do recommend you backup your data first.

Here is a link to Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I did refresh my pc. without luck. reinstalled the OS. Got the impression the network chip (realtek) has to do with it. So disabled onedrive, disabled wifi. restart PC reinstalled updates. and ... so far so good. finally reinstalled onedrive. everything seem to be ok. btw I noticed HPfirmware was installed (found in windows history) No clue what it does.

HP Recommended

Repelsteeltje - Please let us know in a few days if your PC problem is actually resolved. You need to leave the PC on for extended time, like 4-5 hours to see.  My PC freezes randomly but usually happens during long use. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have the same computer (HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-1177c) (CostCo) and the same exact mouse / Keyboard lockup problem. Didnt occur until over a month ago. Had computer for 6 months. May be update related. I tried but have not been able to localize the issue.  I have never had it lock on me while using the computer, just occurs after a few hours of inactivity, normally detected when I walk away from it (or use my KVM switch box to another computer) then come back and its locked.  Must recycle power to get it to work again. I also tried disable all power saving to no avail.  I do not even have Chrome installed. Would love a solution to this. Since I have seen another with same problem, I think I will contact support and open an issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.