Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0511na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have a HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0511na laptop and I have an issue with the battery. It says it is charged 100% however when I unplug the charging cable my laptop instantly turns off, no shutdown screen it just goes black. It almost as if the battery is not connected however clearly if the laptop says its 100% charged it can detect it. I have tried reinstalling all battery drivers but that didn't help. Is this a hardware issue or a software issue and is there any troubleshooting/solutions to this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@akyri02 The fact that the test results weren't accurate and it finished within seconds, confirms a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@akyri02

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's do a battery test here:

• Make sure the power cord and adapter is connected to the system and wall outlet.
  • Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off completely.
  • Turn on the computer.
  • Immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics screen is displayed.
  • In the UEFI Main menu, select Component Tests.
  • In the Component Tests menu, select Power.
  • In the Power menu, select the battery test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. I did all of that and next to failure ID it said Ok. The other results of the test are as follows:

Battery Check: Primary - OK (0)

Primary: Logic State - -OK (0), Charge State - Not available

The battery charge check was unable to test the primary battery.

The test was not completed as it jumped from 1% to finished in 5s. I ran the test again and the same results came up. One of the battery cells is producing no voltage however this happened a while before I got this current problem. I also noticed that there is a battery calibration feature. Is this something that could solve the problem?

HP Recommended

@akyri02 The fact that the test results weren't accurate and it finished within seconds, confirms a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hp chromebook 11-v001na

Says 100% charge but disconnect main and switching off.

Ran battery test and identified but not reporting powe output so decided to get a new battery

Reinstall fine, charged up perfectly from 7 % to full but still turns off when mains withdrawn!!

Please help!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.