Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-ec0007nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When ı play a games my notebook says "locking"and notebook shut down or reset self. But cpu temputure is max 185 fahrenhayt. İ guess it not hight temputure for gaming notebook.  İ think F 08 bios update causing this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
209 REPLIES 209
HP Recommended

same problem i just bought the laptop , after the bios update call of duty lockes up and crashes . in 3 months never 1 crash and now i cant play for 5min. 

And on top of this you cant go back to f.05 so **bleep** is this.

Better be a quick fix

HP Recommended

same for me here, thought my HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx was giving up, I have the same problem with Call of Duty and other games too. Lets hope for a quick fix

HP Recommended

@Emreylmzzzz Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue:

@Vlyss @gamer1o1 If you have the same device as the OP, follow the below steps or provude the complete model name:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Click here to perform a hard reset on your device

If the issue persists, after the above steps, try the below:

1. Turn off the notebook.

2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.

3. With the notebook off, press and hold the Windows logo key  and the B key at the same time.

NOTE:

On some notebook models, it might be necessary to press and hold the Windows logo key  and the V key.

4. While pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows logo key  and the B or V key until the HP BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The HP BIOS Update screen displays, and the BIOS update begins automatically. This might take several minutes, and you might hear additional beeping sounds.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps. If the issue persists after repeating the steps, skip to the next step to Download a replacement BIOS file.

• If the Power light turns off, the notebook has turned off because the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds only.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But where is the new update? And why didn't anyone get help with this problem at all?

HP Recommended

@vladosmemos I'm not sure what you mean by not getting any help, you may want to elaborate on that! Also, all new updates can be found on the HP website: click here to access the same, and if you need anything else, feel free to respond with your product information and the results of the steps suggested so far!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm not saying you're not trying to help.I'm saying that everything you suggest doesn't help.You and themselves know that already the entire forum in identical messages after this terrible BIOS update.I know where you can find driver and BIOS updates, I say that everyone needs HP to release a new BIOS update.

HP Recommended

@vladosmemos If the BIOS recovery isn't working for you and there are no bios updates available as of now, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I know this option about the rollback, the option is there but it prevents all of us from downgrading somehow, otherwise we wouldn't be here. Everything worked fine with the f.05 BIOS Shouldn't be that difficult for hp to launch a downgrade in the support assistant, right? Just like they did with the f.08. It is impossible to game for a lot of people, not a very good marketing technique. Besides we are only being told what we know and what doesn't work and we are really kept in the dark here.

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx

HP Recommended

What is the point in recovering bios when the bios it self is the problem , you cannot recover to f.05. It only flashes the same **bleep** bios from recovery ending up with same problem from f.08.

SO now we have a instable bios and cannot go back yeah great nice work here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.