Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ec0043ax Pavilion Gaming Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey! 

I bought HP 15-ec0043ax Pavilion Gaming Laptop like a month ago and everything was working fine until 2 days ago. I got a BIOS update 2 days ago directly from the HP assistant so I updated it. During the update it mentioned the fans may spin at maximum speed so don't pay attention to it. 

After the update has happened, I start playing GTA V and my laptop shuts down automatically by itself. This has happened every time I tried to play GTA V after the update. It runs for a while smoothly and then it shuts down automatically.

I've contacted HP support via whatsapp and they suggested to clean my air vents but i don't need to since it's a new brand new laptop. Then they suggested me to:

"Step 1: Now you need to go to BIOS. For that switch off your laptop first.
Step 2: Then switch on the laptop and repeatedly press F10.
Step 3: Now press F9 and select “Yes”.
Step 4: Press F10 and select “Yes”.

This is the option to do BIOS default"

This didn't work either, I've also reset the PC and the same problem still occurs. The BIOS version I have now is AMI F.08  and the same problem has been faced by another user. Please scroll down to find it. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/System-BIOS-F-08-for-the-HP-OMEN-15/m-p/7051687/highl...

What can be done ? Please help.

31 REPLIES 31
HP Recommended

Hi @Artistole

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi! I have the same issue with my HP Pavilion Gaming 15 laptop. My laptop is locking up and hibernating while playing games after I've updated my BIOS.

HP Recommended

looks like you can't read. I said that I literally bought it like a month ago and hp support assistant shows me that there is still 10 months of warranty time remaining. HP service has so far been nothing but unprofessional and helpless 

HP Recommended

Hi @Artistole

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem after updating bios to  F08 

Windows event error is ACPI Thermal Zone = \_TZ.THRM
_HOT = 373K but max cpu temp reported by hwifo is 86c and gpu 79c

HP Recommended

Hi @Marin_zma.

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Let me know!

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Is this solved now? if so how?

HP Recommended

same here bro. i'm struggling to get this solved, Any resolution?

HP Recommended

Hi @dheeraj_vega06,

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Let me know!

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.