Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 16
Microsoft Windows 11

I got a new Omen 16 on Xmas Eve and a little over a week after using it the Touchpad started lagging and not responding. I'm doing casual tasks like checking my email to playing some easy-going point-and-click games, the Touchpad suddenly lags, slows down, and stops responding to left clicks. It doesn't respond unless I close and open my laptop. What I've tried so far:

1. I've gone to HP Support Assistant and launched Optimize your performance. 

I've also launched Check your operating system and Run hardware diagnostics->Components Test and did the Drag and Drop Test and Pointer Test.

2. I've gone to Touchpad Settings and increased Speed and set it to low Sensitivity without results.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Another temporary solution is to hold Fn and press 11, this disables the touchpad but if u do it again it re-enables it. this fixes the problem for me for a while

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
HP Recommended

Hey my friend had this same issue - I advised him to do a fresh install of the ELAN touchpad drivers on this page under "Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices (2)"

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-16.1-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-16-b0000/2100371510...

After running it and rebooting he said the trackpad was night and day better. Give it a try, let us know if it works for you.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Did you find a soloution?

HP Recommended

How did you install it? When I run the HpSetup.ext from the SWsetup Dir it doesn't do anything . I'm still having the same issue after exchanging this laptop 3 times now

HP Recommended

I've been having the exact same issue and haven't gotten any luck when reinstalling drivers, deleting them and letting them get installed automatically after restart.

The only temporary solution I've found is shutting the laptop off and back on again.

I hope they provide a solution to this soon.

HP Recommended

Another temporary solution is to hold Fn and press 11, this disables the touchpad but if u do it again it re-enables it. this fixes the problem for me for a while

HP Recommended

Thank you , I was having the same issue on my omen 17 . 

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem, and waiting for any solution form official.. 😐

That is maybe caused by the driver compatibility issue, with the OS (the same issue appeared on win10 and also after upgrade to win 11)..

I tried to uninstall/remove the driver and install the published version on HP website, but no change happened, even with the windows default driver..

HP Recommended

Please keep us informed, I'm experiencing it more and more now =\

HP Recommended

Hey y'all,

A little update on my situation. Yesterday I've downloaded a pack of drivers and the latest BIOS update from the Software and Drivers tab on the support website (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers), using the "detect my Drivers" tool, and I've been problem-free from that point on. It's pretty soon to call it fixed but I thought to share to see if others might find it useful as well. 

I believe what helped was the "F.14 Rev.A" BIOS update, which was released on 23.02.2022, because the "ELAN Precision Touchpad Filter Driver" hasn't been updated since May 2021.

I'll update again once some more time has passed, but hopefully more of us will be reporting good news.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.