Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

ive built few pcs in my life, as long as it doesnt requier microsaudering i can try to do what u sudgest

HP Recommended

And no the waranty ran out a long time ago

HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) of your notebook !

You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small alphanumeric letters.

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information, just about the computer, no sensitive data.

It is allowed to post in public, no problem.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Products id : 8UN12EA#ABU

HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

Here you got the most important document for your notebook:

Maintenance and Service Guide

Start at Page 29 Component replacement procedures

In your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked.
- Thermal paste for CPU GPU and bridges should be renewed
- The function of the fan(s) must be checked
- General cleaning ...
- Check storage:

ub6424_0-1656481165402.png

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Everything seems to be in check.

4577A9FA-7172-4B03-A1AB-DDD8E58BFE32.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

Always check the copper contacts and clean with isopropanol alcohol (or fingernail polish remover) if necessary.

- reinsert storage ( what do you have ? specification ? size ? picture please )

- reinsert RAM

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

1tb hdd and samsung m.2 drive , 16gb of ram

HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

- take out your m.2 drive. Do you have another notebook/computer to test the m.2 ?

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Il try to test the m.2

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.