Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm also having this issue and many, many more. Literally the top 5 topics in the forums is the same issue of same model that also all coincidentally started appearing after they've updated the BIOS to F.08

This really, really isn't a hardware malfunction or overheat. I've contacted HP support in my region and got my motherboard replaced, but 2 days after I got it back I left it on overnight to download games and then it asked me to restart. When I did, it applied the BIOS update automatically and here I am, literally having the same issue after the a motherboard swap. 
HP Support then just told me to wait for a BIOS update or get a refund. Is there anyone that I can contact with that can actually report the issue to the Development team? We're really in a rut right now and I'll say it again, so many people can't have hardware issues at the same month with the same model right after they updated their BIOS who are also experiencing the exact same problem. This just isn't possible.

HP Recommended

@RevolverIA I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am also facing the same problem. How can the problem be solved?

HP Recommended
I tried all the BIOS recovery options. Nothing helped. I reset the BIOS, reset the CMOS. BIOS "F.02 Rev.A " and " F. 05 Rev.A " not installed! The seller is "F. 08" - AMI. Seller "F. 02" and "F. 05" - American Megatrends! Maybe that's why they can't be installed? I have a warranty. But there is no authorized service center in my city and I need a laptop for work. BIOS F. 08 is missing from the official site. Should we wait for a quick fix?
HP Recommended

HP is silencing people, they have blocked my comments in the most populated post, just to say that apart from twitter this should be seen by a lawyer, since I have a law degree and I see signs of scam, they not only do not help and hide the problem if not that prevent us from organizing and seeking a solution. [Content removed]

Screenshot_20200824-141552_Chrome.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi all,

A BIOS update was recently released, check this post with the solution:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/RANDOM-SHUTDOWN-AFTER-BIOS-UPDATE/m-p/7761409#M33070 

Regards, 

JessikaV
HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.