Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

No doubt there’s a big software issue with HP.

so many posts on here about cartridge errors!   It’s very frustrating, no way to contact HP directly, no way to order a new cartridge.  I nearly gave up and was about to buy cartridges again when Jay from customer support read my 1st post and organised a new cartridge which fixed it.  

thanks Jay, I’m sure he’ll get to you ASAP (or someone else from HP), but it’s time HP fixed this before you lose customers. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Lina41,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Jay, I'm working with the HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer and am receiving the same cartridge error message as reported.  I'm actively enrolled in Instant Ink and the cartridge installed was brand new sent from HP.  Help!

HP Recommended

OK  I evidently don't know how to use this board even though I have been online since the Commodore 64.   I have  posted posts.  Sent the obligatory "private messages" with no confirmation they actually got sent and I am still waiting to hear how to solve this cartridge problem on my 5258 Deskjet.  I'm going to use this at the main topic to try that also.  Pretty frustrated here

HP Recommended

Frustrating, you've got my sympathy.  It took Jay a couple of days to get to me, hope you get resolved soon.  

HP Recommended

Hi @cyn404,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Worked through the virtual agent fiasco and after a long time finally got a real person.   He tried to help but of course HP chat was a mess.  IN and out by his own admission He is sending a cartridge.  But it may make no difference assuddenly now I have a blue screen on the printer and can looked forward to that night mare.   Second HP printer in 6 months that has turned to junk.  No thanks HP  i need useful products

HP Recommended

Hi @SlimShavings,

I was able to check your account, I could not find an order placed. do you have an order number?

I did see 2 had printers registered. may I know which printer your seeking support for?

What is the exact error on your printer screen?

Let me know!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

The order they sent me

Cartridge Shipment Details:

Cartridge Part#:
E5Z01A
Cartridge Description:
HP 63/302 Tri-color Instant Ink
Quantity:
Shipment Method:
FED-EX NEXT DAY (AFTERNOON)
Tracking Number:

The original error was to reinstall  cartridge.  i have no error on the screen as it went completely blue when I was on with support.  I have two printers.  A 2700 that replace the 2600 boat anchor and this 5258 which I guess is now a boat anchor

HP Recommended

Let's try and resolve the blue screen error -

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait at least 60 seconds.

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware -HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware  

Keep me posted!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.