Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Suddenly, my printer is no longer connected.   My account page says my printer is offline, not connected.    I follow the menu on the printer and it says I can't enable web services.       As instructed in one of the community sites, I entered the printer IP into a browser to get to the embedded web server and manually address the problem.   When I did that, my browser indicated "system error".    Could it be that on the HP side my printer's unique IP address has been lost?    

Nothing wrong with my wi-fi, printer is connected to that.  I think this is an HP problem.   Looking for solutions before I cancel HP Ink Print and buy a new (non-HP printer).   By the way, HP customer service is awful  - virtual chat is useless and phone services...

Help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The real problem discovered.     On the HP customer support phone line, HP acknowledges that they have an engineering problem on their end regarding connectivity to the HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 printer.    On their end.    Accordingly:

1.   They should not be billing a customer for a monthly subscription when they cannot deliver the service; and

2.   They should be sending an email like this one below (after over a week of problems).

If you know it is an HP problem, acknowledge it is an HP problem.   And don't send an email to the customer stating it is their problem. That way customers don't have to waste hours during a weekend trying every **bleep** suggestion on a Community help board (because Virtual Chat is useless and call support # is hidden during certain hours).         This is is simply awful customer service.       Only after complaining did the service rep agree to waive this month's subscription fee.    

Anybody would expect better.  Meanwhile, the clock is ticking for HP to fix the problem

HP Recommended

I’m usually calm but ready to throttle hopeless support at HP

HP Recommended

Adding insult to injury:   I cancelled my HP Ink subscription since HP's engineering issues have rendered my print an oversized paperweight.    And they said (a) the monthly fee would be waived; and (b) upon cancellation the printer will work.   That proved to be false on both counts.   They now say that the monthly fee continues my subscription until October 8, which means that I will not have any printing capability on this printer.     So essentially they are holding my printer captive.  It won't work with USB or any other way.  

This is the kind of HP service that is going to render them an extinct dinosaur, which probably is a good thing in the long run.   From Carly Fiorina's BS to these annoying mundane indignities, they are just the worst.  

Hey HP, if you give a **bleep**, fix this **bleep**.

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.