Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 120
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi, from few month the printer has stopped working. When I try to print something (for wireless or with cable is the same) the printer takes the signal, but when the paper comes out is totally white or there are some thin black lines.

The only things that I can print is the "qality check print". I tried to print the "printer status" but nothing.

I tried to reset by disconnecting the plug, but it did not work. I don't know what I can do to fix the problem.

Sorry for my English, I'm italian and probably I made many errors ^^

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Hakihiko,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if one of the cartridges is defective.

Hence, I suggest that you remove one of the cartridges, print a page and then swap it with the other cartridges and check if it is the same issue with both the cartridges when they are installed one at a time.

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Hakihiko,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums!  Good Day!  After reading your post I see that you require assistance regarding printing issues from the Mac computer. It will be a delight to assist you here.:)

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a software or OS update?
  • Did you try to make copies directly from the printer?

For now please make 2 copies directly from the printer without any communication from the computer.

If it copies fine Please reset the Mac printing system from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/documen... and follow the steps. There is an associated video.

Then install the full feature software from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-120-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5203208 and this should do the trick for you. Please select the correct operating system before doing it.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, and thank you for the answer.

I don't remember exactly when I did the latest update, but I remember that the printer worked well with the same OS, and then stopped running.

I tried to make copies directly from the printer, but the pages came out white.

The problem is not only from my mac, but I tried to print from iPhone and android phone. Same result.

Best Regards

HP Recommended

@Hakihiko

It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I've reviewed your conversation with the tech and here's what I recommend:

Start with resetting the printer as it can force some printers to calibrate and in turn fix the problem.

1. Remove any items from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder (ADF), then close the scanner lid.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.

3. Wait at least 60 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

6. Load the original document or photo, then try to copy.

Check ink levels, and then replace low or empty cartridges

Follow these steps to check the estimated ink levels on your printer, and then replace low or empty cartridges according to the results.

Skip to Solution five and continue the steps: CLICK HERE

(Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern).

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried to do all the steps, but nothing change (the power cord is connect directly to a wall outlet). The ink level is ok (color is full and black is 85%). As I said in the first post, the only page that I can print without problem is the "Print Quality Diagnostic", and from this pages seems to be all normal.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @ Hakihiko,

I understand that the print quality diagnostic page prints fine but the pages are blank when printed from the computer.

Let me jump in with a solution for this issue in place of my colleague as he is out of the office today.

This issue could if the drivers are not configured properly.

Please follow the link to reset the printing systems from the link: Resetting the Printing System (Mac)

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi,

as I said in the post 3, the problem I think taht is not my mac, because I tried to print also from an iPhone 6, a Galaxy A5 (2016) android and from a friend's macbook pro. The result is the same: white page ore just a coples of lines.

Anyway, I tried to reset, to print and nothing change... White paper. :Crying:

Thank you for your patient.

HP Recommended

Hi @Hakihiko,

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if one of the cartridges is defective.

Hence, I suggest that you remove one of the cartridges, print a page and then swap it with the other cartridges and check if it is the same issue with both the cartridges when they are installed one at a time.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Yeah, we found the problem! With the black cartridge I printed just few black lines, but with the color one I printed perfectly! So, now I think that I have to buy a new black cartridge and the printer came back as new.

Really thank you for your help!

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Hi, my Envy120 won’t print properly, not even the quality report. It has new HP cartridges, the contacts are clean. It aligns the cartridges ok but nothing.

what can I do, buy a new printer?

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.