Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As of a few days ago, when I send a job to the printer (via WiFi) the printer fires up, then chokes and I get "Error 59.FO Turn printer off then on again."  It's happening 1-2 times a day now.  Supposedly, a fix is to download and run HP_Color_LJ_Pro_MFP_M477-PCL_6_v3_Full_Soln_17171.exe but when I opened the file the only choices I had were to "uninstall software and drivers for this product from this computer," or "install another HP device."  I don't know what to do.  Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is a hardware issue ( transfer belt problem). You will need to check your warranty status and get your printer for repair.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

68 REPLIES 68
HP Recommended

This is a hardware issue ( transfer belt problem). You will need to check your warranty status and get your printer for repair.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  IMy printer is still under warranty, so I initiated a chat with support.  But apparently, HP will not authorize a repair until some stranger takes control over my computer and tries remotely to fix a hardware problem (how does that work?).  And I'm at work (it's my home printer), so nothing was accomplished.

HP Recommended

@SharonD,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Support Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you, I will look for that message and follow the guidelines.  Thank you for your patience to this newbie.  🙂

HP Recommended

We have this printer (M477fdn) and we are getting the same error. It is still on warranty so I called HP Tech support. I tried the virtual chat but it is useless in getting help. The HP tech support indeed remotely access my computer ('though I was hesitant to allow her) to download the firmware because she has to log-in to another portal for her to "get" that firmware.  The USB you want to save the firmware file should be formatted in fat32. I believe this is the only type the printer reads. So I installed the firmware and so far the error is gone. She verified that we are using an HP cartridge and that the ink is not low (I guess if the ink is not genuine and/or it is low, it might trigger that error message also).  She said that if error comes back in few days it is a hardware issue. 

The tech commented that this seems to be a common error with this printer and she already had 4 called with the same error before me. I asked if this is common, why is the firmware not available to the public where we can download it. She didn't have a clear answer. 

HP Recommended

They probably updated DDC firmware to version 15101.  It's possible that firmware is still in a testing phase and HP will not release it public until they are sure it will fix this error permanently.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

HP are aware of this I nearly sent my printer for recycling as all the info was that the parts would be too expensive to replace. it is solved by a firmware upgrade which took 2 minutes and all seems to be ok now. No need to call engineers or get a new printer this link ftp://dccfw:.Gbu1108@ftp.usa.hp.com 

looks like this solved the problem but no idea why when they know there is a problem they dont just tell everyone!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I just used your link and did as it instructed. It seems the issue is fixed now. I'll give it some more time to see if the error will come up again though. Thank you for sharing!

HP Recommended

hi, 

,My email [edit] 

error 59.CO is the sane 59.FO?

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.