Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

My P1606dn used to automatically duplex print. Now it seems to only do manual duplex printing.

HP Recommended
LaserJet P1606dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every once in a while the printer automatically duplexes but mostly not. How can I get back to full automatic mode?

I'm printing Microsoft 365 documents.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
4,810 4,780 505 1,087
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you checked the driver to ensure that it still thinks that the printer has duplex ability. On your PC:

go to control panel>devices and printers and right click on the icon for your printer and select printer properties from the drop down menu. Click on print preferences 

Repairatrooper_0-1593489826237.png

If you see the "print on both sides" option you can turn it on and all documents will duplex. If you do not see or cannot select that option then click cancel and go to device settings and make sure that it shows the duplex unit as installed. Once you do this you should be able to set duplex as the default preference as above.

Repairatrooper_1-1593490084692.png

Once you have done this, right click on the icon for your printer again and select "set as default" even if the printer is already your default. When you do this, you will be warned that doing this will disable Microsoft Print Mangement, say yes, this is what is causing you to lose your duplex options.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes! I can't believe this worked, but it did. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation