Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Windows 7

Hello.

I am attempting to enable web services and am getting the message "Unable to cnnect to the server". This happens whether I try to do it from the printer itself, or via the web interface.

I have followed the steps listed here: Re: HP Officejet Pro 8610 Web Service Enablement and it has not solved the problem. The printer is not connected wirelessly, it is connected via an ethernet cable. I have a static IP address set, and I have a manual DNS server entered. For DNS I have tried 8.8.8.8 as well an internal DNS server, and neither have solved the issue

I haver tried restarting the printer after making these changes.

Web Services was previously working on this printer, but then stopped, giving me the same "Unable to connect to the server" message. I tried removing the Web services, and readding it and got to this point.

The printer was already updated to the newest firmware that listed under the product support page for this printer,  version FDP1CN1416AR.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For anyone who is running into this issue. The problem ended up being that the date was set wrong in the printer.

From the web interface you can adjust the date by going to Settings > Preferences > Date & Time. There is a checkbox for syncing the date and time from the computer you connected from.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Fett2

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are unable to connect to web services to setup the ePrint feature of your Officejet 8610 printer.

You are along the correct track with setting a manual IP address and manual DNS servers. When clicking along the left hand side menu in the Network tab of your Embedded Web Server (EWS) instead of clicking on ‘Wireless (802.11)’ please click on ‘Wired (802.3)’ instead. There is an IPv4 section there as well where you can set the manual IP address.  

network page ews with wired options showing - highlighted.png

If you are still unable to connect once you have set the manual IP address for the ethernet connection, please call HP’s Cloud Services at 1-855-785-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region. If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

For anyone who is running into this issue. The problem ended up being that the date was set wrong in the printer.

From the web interface you can adjust the date by going to Settings > Preferences > Date & Time. There is a checkbox for syncing the date and time from the computer you connected from.

HP Recommended

this fixed my issue. Totally Annoying though!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.