Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5030

Hi,

When I print any page I see that the colour part is only printing leaving Black text. Can someone please help he. Many thanks.

Already got printed many pages  for testing and each page is being counted as regular print.

I have already tried all tests in HP Print & Scan Doctor and Device Services(Align Cartridge, Clean Cartridge, Clean printer etc) but nothing fixed the issue.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Sa0607 ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community.

Here we have a problem with the ink cartridge. Please try these steps:

Take a handkerchief and the black cartridge. Now press the cartridge like a stamp on the handkerchief for about 2-3 seconds. You should see a strong, black colored strip. Is this the case?
If there is no or very little ink on the handkerchief, moisten the handkerchief slightly and press the cartridge again, this time for about 30 seconds on it, until more ink comes out.
Afterwards, re-insert the cartridge and run a cartridge clean, if necessary.

What is the result?

Cheers!

Nils

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

Hi Nils,

Many thanks for the advice. After pressing cartridge it's Yes its now printing black ink as well but is not uniform. Specially on the sides of page the letters are not printing. Kindly advise.

Also since yesterday I've been printing pages to understand the issue & clean cartridges etc... will all these be included in billing.

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am glad that the cartridge has started to print black again! 😊

@Sa0607 wrote:

Also since yesterday I've been printing pages to understand the issue & clean cartridges etc... will all these be included in billing.

Actually, I am not sure if this is charged...

After you have ran the cartridge clean, did the print quality went better? I think it is the best to contact Instant ink to order a replacement cartridge. You'll find the phone number on this hyperlink:

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en/l/

Cheers!

Nils

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

Many thanks Nils, Yes will contact Instant ink and order a replacement cartridge.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.