Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY4257
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had printer for about 6 months working perfectly with wireless connection which is working.

This morning went to print a document and got the message Unexpected Configuration Problem 0x8000ffff.

What do I do to correct it?  Not very technical person

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@China1607

Thanks for posting. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! 

I understand that you are getting a 0x8000ffff error and I will be delighted to assist you here.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Did you do any changes on the printer driver?
  • Did you run any updates on the computer?

Meanwhile, looks like there is an issue with the printer driver:

Uninstall the printer driver and reinstall it

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again

Download and install full feature driver for the printer:

Here is the link to download the driver:  https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL61220/mp-147799-1/EN4520_Full_WebPack_1122.exe

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos.

Let me know how it goes

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I didn't do anything but change  coloured ink  cartridge.  I will try what you suggest and install  the program again.

HP Recommended

@Saint50 Alright, please do and keep us posted with the results,

Good luck and good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.