Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertable 15-ch004na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After leaving the laptop to run out of charge the laptop no longer charges up or switches on. The charge light wont switch on when I plug the charge cable in and I can't get it to boot at all. I've tried plugging it into different sockets and tried a power strip but to no avail. From what I've read the spectres like to overheat and damage the battery or motherboard. I hope thats not the case. I haven't tried an alternative charger cable yet but I can't seem to find a place to purchase one online and I can't see a business letting me try one of their's for free to test the laptop. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MTJScott

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see that HP spectre x360 notebook is not booting up and battery no longer charge, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Let's perform a hard reset: 

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

4) Plug-in the Adapter.  

5) Try to turn on the computer. 

If the test passes, I would request you to contact our Phone Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out for you. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MTJScott

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see that HP spectre x360 notebook is not booting up and battery no longer charge, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Let's perform a hard reset: 

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

4) Plug-in the Adapter.  

5) Try to turn on the computer. 

If the test passes, I would request you to contact our Phone Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out for you. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. I had already tried a hard reset once. However, following I followed your spesific instructions and it booted up! Brilliant. I'm not too sure why it didn't work the first time but I'm not complaining. Do you know of any reasons that the laptop would do this in the first place and would I still need to look into getting any repairs done if the problem will continue in the future?

Again, thankyou so much.

HP Recommended

@MTJScott

Thank you for posting back. 

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

To get the answer to this question, Computers are designed in such a way, that the software will let you know if the computer needs repair or attention.  

If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an HP Spectre x360 pro with 64bit and windows 10 operating system.  It is 15 months old and HP has just informed me they will not help!  I purchased in May 2017 and came in new condition.  Have loved this laptop 2 in one from the get go and recommended to many persons to pursue if they so desire.  At this point I cannot tell you how dissappointed I am with HP.  Probem:  Began going completely black screen, Will not charge or Power up to any level completely dead in the water.  I a few weeks ago was able to get it to turn on and did a complete refresh and loaded new Windows ten and I thought it was fixed.  Two days ago, again machine is totally dead. Tried Power hold.  Power and Mute hold.  cntrl/alt/delete hold.  Nothing works.  It has occurred at least three times if I leave it plugged in to dc adapter/charger it will amazingly come to life.  But for the last 48 hours that hasn't occurred. 

Thanks!

Butch1947

HP Recommended

@Butch1947

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information such as serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.